Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Strawberry Cake





Hello internet and the wonderful people on it.

Today I took (without a doubt) the worst biology paper ever. (And mind you, i've had my fair share of bad bio papers) It's crazy how quickly certain periods in our lives pass. One moment you're wondering if you will ever see the end of it and the next moment you're wondering if you'll ever get it back. The good and the bad. Exams have always been fleeting but it's the weeks leading up to it that always take a toll on me.

This cake is amazing, for the lack of a better word. If I can manage to make it amidst the painful and excruciating revision that I had to do, so can you! (sorry about the exclamation mark that came out of nowhere)

There isn't anything complicated about the cake. No whipping to stiff peaks or a quick grocery run to the dairy aisle. No no nothing like that. But the product is nothing short of classy. The strawberries become soft and delicious. The sugar forms a crust of top that shatters when you sink your teeth into it.

The recipe is from Smitten Kitchen and it can be found here. I halved the ingredients to accomodate the glassware from the photo above. I reduced the sugar a little but the sugar that you sprinkle on top is ESSENTIAL. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment